Social Media Community Manager and Video Editor
Palma Properties, a leading real estate brokerage serving Mendocino, Lake and Sonoma Counties, is seeking a Social Media Community Manager and Video Editor. This could be on a full-time contract basis or an internship depending on the candidate. (1099)
This position will execute social media strategy and build greater awareness of the Palma Properties story and culture. This person will source and develop relevant content that is of interest to our followers, monitor and generate engagement on social media, and measure and perform against key performance indicators (KPIs). This person will edit real estate videos for posting in social media outlets.
We’re looking for an experienced communicator with a love of life, learning and real estate who can reach both current and new audiences to build and sustain a community of passionate followers of real estate and our top-notch service.
* This is a REAL ESTATE practice. Your duties will include filming & editing out in the field in homes, on ranches, at community events and working independently in the office.
* If you are SQUEAMISH, do not like sewer systems or hiking raw land, please don’t apply.
* You must have a California driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and auto insurance.
- Handling the day-to-day of social media campaign management (brainstorming and creating content for multiple Instagram, Facebook accounts as well as YouTube and other social media profiles/channels, scheduling and/or posting content to each social profile as appropriate, interacting with the community in real-time, tracking metrics, etc.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications, and appropriately apply that knowledge in order to grow the Palma Properties community within Mendocino, Lake and Sonoma Counties
- Create and edit videos for multiple social media platforms.
- Analyze, report and forecast key audience and engagement metrics.
- Attend all community events in which Palma Properties is involved.
- Passion for real estate, life in Northern California and the communities we serve.
- As is a demonstrated knowledge of the real estate industry or one who in some way involved with the community
- An adaptive learner who enjoys constantly trying new things and understands the ever-changing nature of the social landscape.
- Strong copywriting skills and aesthetic sensibilities, and solid news judgment.
- Experience working with social tools including publishers, aggregators, and analytics.
- Strong project management skills, high attention to and care of detail, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team and manage projects in a timely manner.
- 3-5 years of experience in social media, digital marketing, and/or community management with a demonstrated ability to grow communities and sustain community engagement
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Team player, weekend warrior
- Proven track record of developing and leading social media strategies that drive real business results.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, or photography and graphic design skills.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, or videography and video editing skills.
- Sound editing experience
- Experience in website content management systems.
- On-site experience capturing and creating content.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant area or proven experience in this kind of environment
If you are interested and qualified, please submit your resume, cover letter, references and work samples in response to this posting.
Job Type: Full-time after 90 day trial period
1-3 months $50/day $1,000 – $1,500/mo $18,000/yr
4-6 months $70/day $1,400 – $2,100/mo $25,200/yr
6 months+ $100/day $2,000 – $3000/mo $36,000/yr
- Social Media Management / Videography: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Location: Our offices in Ukiah or Healdsburg. Remote work as needed and as position evolves.
- Monday through Friday. Weekend community events or Open Houses as needed.
Candidates may submit their cover letter, resume and work samples to [email protected]